Monday, April 19, 2010

Love note to Portland

Just what we need, another blog.

But I've been inundating my Facebook friends with photos lately...well, truly, ever since I joined. The theory is that the more I advertise the wealth of the PDX world, the more that my friends and family will want to come visit.

Now it's starting to seem like a good idea to have a place to centralize it all-- the photos, the quotes, the observations, maybe even the poems.

Lately, I've been obsessively working my way through Laura Foster's book Portland City Walks. Many of the recent photos I have are from those treks--but many aren't. I've lived in PDX for a decade now, and the walks are opening up hidden corners I never knew about, as well as making me slow down to see in a different way the parts I already thought I knew.

But as easy as it would be to wax poetic about all the ways this city constantly surprises, enchants, and at times infuriates me, I don't want to write an essay here. I just want a place to collect the Portland pieces of my life. Perhaps the essay will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment